The add-on + 5 low poly building styles
This product will get only compatibility bug fixes. The main distribution page is moved to Boosty.
This is a add-on for Blender for procedural generation of buildings. The work of the add-on is similar to panel housing construction. The process is composed of three steps:
- Creating Panel. This should be done with standard Blender tools.
- Creating building style. There is dedicated for this node tree editor.
- Creating base mesh which will be turned into a building. It also should be created with standard Blender modeling tools.
After the steps, a building style can be applied to a base mesh. Instead of base mesh the add-on will create a building. Base mesh and building style can be edited any moment and changes will be applied at once.
- Ease of usage
- Achieve the same results with lesser nodes.
- The work of the add-on nodes is intuitively clearer. The abstraction of the nodes is close to real world objects.
- No need in learning vector math, different algorithm of mesh processing and data structure of a geometry.
Limitations / Roadmap
Mac OS is not currently supported
- There are no any tools for roofs modeling.
- Using Geometry nodes for generating base meshes is currently unsupported.
- Using Loop cut tool with live update makes Blender to crush. Using edge crease tool also works weird.
- Custom properties per building and node groups are not supported.
- Base mesh should consist only of quad polygons.
- Animation is not supported.
Some of this limitation should be gone in future versions.
File with the add-on and file with 5 building styles